Yes hello, this is Chain! I like to draw, and even though I'm not very good at it, I'm always up to practice and get better. Normally people follow me here, which, while technically a side blog, functions as my main and personal. But if you're not interested in that and just want to see art, you're at the right place! (Or rather wrong, since I hardly ever post anything here, much less of quality.)
Reuploaded to announce a sale:
THIS IS STILL A THING. While my portion of the deposit was covered by my roommate and his dad (and god bless them for it.) I still have to pay for my part of the trailer, some food, and apparently half of the month’s rent at my mother’s house because we MIGHT be here until the fifteenth of May. Please. I need help. I can’t work. I physically CANNOT work. I am mentally, emotionally and physically compromised. I CAN do art, though. Please. PLEASE help me.
~*~*~* Starbuck’s Poster Giveaway *~*~*~
hello! so as you may know, we’re moving out of my childhood home. and that means packing up and condensing all my stuff. and I have a butt load of posters and really don’t need them all. therefore giveaway! just a warning, most of these have been hanging on my walls so they might have pin marks in the corner.
- reblogs only, no likes
- you have until May 7, 2014 to reblog
- you do not have to be following me, but it would be cool if you took a look at my blog
- will ship anywhere in the united states
- ask box must be open and you must be willing to give me your address (otherwise how shall I send you the posters?)
- you have until May 10 to respond if you’re a winner
- and there will be three winners hooray!Prizes!!
- 1st prize: three posters of your choice from the above selection plus I will put some candy (also your choice) into the package
- 2nd prize: three posters of your choice from the remaining selection
- 3rd prize: the remaining two posters (but if you really don’t like either of them we can probably work something out I have a million more)
good luck! and remember, you must reblog this by May 7 midnight eastern standard time
also if you have any questions, please feel free to message me or whatever.
Reminder that this is still happening! Also reblogs only please, likes don’t count!
The Winged Victory of Samothrace
also called the Nike of Samothrace, is a 2nd century BC marble sculpture of the Greek goddess Nike (Victory). Since 1884, it has been prominently displayed at the Louvre and is one of the most celebrated sculptures in the world. H.W. Janson described it as “the greatest masterpiece of Hellenistic sculpture.”
GIVEAWAY - Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Art of the Movie (Hardback/Slipcase)
I am giving away a copy of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier: The Art of the Movie!! As The Winter Soldier is easily my favorite Marvel film to date, I pre-ordered this book without a second thought. Then I said to myself, “Why not give away another copy as thanks for reaching 16,500 followers?” And here we are.
The description of this product (as found on Amazon):
Continuing their popular ART OF series of movie tie-in books, Marvel presents its latest blockbuster achievement! Featuring exclusive concept artwork, behind-the-scenes photographs, production stills, and in-depth interviews with the cast and crew, THE ART OF CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is a deluxe 232-page keepsake volume that provides an insider’s look into the making of the highly-anticipated film directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, and starring Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Sebastian Stan!
What must one do in order to enter this giveaway, you ask? The rules/guidelines are as follows:
- You may like this post once and reblog it twice.
- You do not have to be following me, but I would appreciate it if you checked out my icky blog. I post a lot of video games and superheroes/supervillains/brain-washed-best-friends-turned-assassins. And cry. That’s it. That’s my life.
- No giveaway blogs.
- Must be comfortable with giving me your address as this item will be mailed directly to you.
- I will ship nearly anywhere. Even if you live on Asgard, I’ll find a way to get this to you.
- Giveaway will end on April 20th, yo!
- Will be using a Random Number Generator to select the winner.
- In case you are skeptical, here’s proof I have two copies pre-ordered.
- You may also read a stellar review on this artbook (via parkablogs) right here.
If you have any questions, you can find me here or on Twitter (I am more likely to respond via Twitter as the messaging system on Tumblr is a tad wonky). Good luck and don’t forget to cry about Bucky Barnes!
COME HERE TUMBLR USERS LET ME SHOW YOU A THING
ARTISTS, WRITERS, AND LEFTIES ALIKE HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS THING COUNTLESS TIMES
ITS FREAKING ANNOYING AND CAN SMUDGE UP YOUR ART OR WRITING
BUT LOOK AT THIS THING
YES, THATS RIGHT
NO MORE CUTTING UP GLOVES OR TRYING TO KEEP YOUR HAND AT AN AWKWARD ANGLE TO AVOID SMUDGING
AND YOU KNOW WHAT’S EVEN BETTER?????
THEY HAVE IT FOR BOTH FINGERS TOO NOW SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE PINKIE OR YOUR RING FINGER
IT EVEN COMES IN MULTIPLE COLORS
AND THE BEST PART?!?!
IT WORKS FOR STOPPING FRICTION ON YOUR TABLET AND MAKES THE SCREEN NOT PICK UP THE PRESSURE OF YOUR HAND (there are example videos on the site)
YOU CAN FIND IT HERE
OH MY GOD I NEEEEEEEED
(never thought about it before but I really like LAV’s “official image” because Enjolras is the one who writes, placing her at the head of the initiative, Combeferre looks like zie is guiding her to write, and Courfeyrac is the one turned towards the others, bringing them all along for the adventure.)
(it’s just a really nice and thoughtful design, even though I’m ashamed to say that I can’t differenciate everybody on my own yet ><)
GUYS THERE IS LESS THAN 10,000 SIGNATURES LEFT NEEDED FOR THE PETITION TO REACH IT’S GOAL PLEASE SIGN IT IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY THIS IS AMAZING
IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ME AND HAVENT SIGNED THIS PLEASE DO IT NOW!!!!!